Haymarket Media Group is committed to ensuring its events provide a positive and enjoyable experience for everyone present.
The purpose of this Code of Conduct (CoC) is to ensure a safe, respectful and inclusive environment for everyone involved in our events.
The CoC applies to everyone involved in any aspect of our events. This includes physical and virtual events, and any judging events.
We want everyone to feel welcome, valued and safe, and able to engage without fear of harassment, bullying, humiliation, pressure, intimidation or injury.
To that end, we expect everyone to act professionally, to be respectful of others both in person at the event, and in any interaction before or after the event.
We do not tolerate behaviour which could be perceived as harassment, discrimination, bullying, offensive language, physical or verbal abuse, or any form of inappropriate conduct.
We have a zero tolerance approach to harassment or discrimination in any form.
The following are examples of the types of behaviours we deem unacceptable:
- Harassment including sexist, racist, or exclusionary comments or jokes. Sustained interruptions, inappropriate, unwanted physical contact, sexual attention or innuendo, deliberate intimidation, stalking, and photography or recording of an individual without consent
- Offensive comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body image, age, race, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership or pregnancy and maternity
- Sharing of content which is inappropriate for our diverse, professional audiences, including sexual language and imagery
- Belittling or insulting other attendees
Duty of care:
All attendees have a duty to take reasonable care for their own safety when attending events, as well as ensuring their own behaviour does not compromise the safety of others.
This responsibility includes the consumption of alcoholic beverages as part of an in-person event and therefore all attendees are expected to consume alcohol responsibly.
Haymarket Media Group and the venues that we work with do not tolerate drug or alcohol misuse at our events. Our venues operate a strict no illegal substance policy and any person found to be in possession or using such substances will be immediately ejected from the venue, with the possibility of police involvement.
Reporting an incident:
We ask all attendees to look out for one another and call out any untoward behaviour.
If you, or anyone else in attendance, are made to feel uncomfortable, witness harassment of any type, or have any concerns regarding your welfare, or the welfare of another attendee, please contact a member of Haymarket Media Group’s Events team, as soon as possible.
There will always be a member of the Haymarket Events team on site and they are fully briefed on this Code of Conduct, and are trained to respond accordingly, including where necessary working with the venue’s security team.
If you become aware of an incident after the event itself, please still report it, by email or by telephone - the details of the relevant events manager can be found on the specific event’s website, or you can email [email protected].
When reporting an incident, please provide as much detail as possible to allow us to fully investigate the matter. This should include where possible:
- the name of description of the perpetrator(s)
- the behaviour displayed
- the time and place of the incident
- any named witnesses, or descriptions of witnesses
- anything else which might help Haymarket look into the matter
Any reports will be treated in utmost confidence and we ask that disclosure is kept to a minimum to give us the opportunity to fully investigate and respond to the situation, in line with due process. We will provide support to ensure the affected person(s) feel safe.
Our response will depend upon the situation, but may include any one or more of the following actions:
- addressing the incident with the perpetrator(s), or his/her superiors
- expulsion from the event of the perpetrator(s)
- issuing a warning to the perpetrator(s)
- informing the venue security personnel
- referring the matter to the police
- preventing the perpetrator(s) from attending all future Haymarket Media Group events
We want our events to provide a safe, inclusive environment where professionals in their respective industries can come together, enjoy themselves and network. This is reliant on everyone involved in the event - from suppliers to attendees - being respectful of one another and calling out any inappropriate behaviour, whether personally affected or not.
In the unlikely event that harassment takes place, this Code of Conduct explains what you should do, and provides a mechanism for Haymarket Media Group to take immediate steps to resolve the situation.
Any reporting of misconduct will be treated in complete confidentiality wherever requested and there will be no repercussions of doing so. If you witness or experience something at any of our events that doesn't sit comfortably with you, we urge you to let us know, in good faith.